On 1 Apr 2019, at 4:58, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

On 27 Mar 2019, at 0:37, Randall Gellens wrote:

I wonder if an alternative approach might be worth considering. For example, instead of nagging with an "Are you sure?" prompt, perhaps keep a list of "recent" mailbox renames, and make that a pane that can be viewed. That would allow users to undo or re-rename a mailbox.

If going that way, it would be easier to simply support regular undo for mailbox renaming.

That would work, as long as the person realized it fairly soon. A downside is that the person might not realize until too late. The nice thing is that it is more intuitive than a pane of recent renames.

RENAME is used for simple rename cases, but the fallback is create+append equivalent to moving between accounts.

What makes a rename simple vs not simple? (I've manually renamed mailboxes to change their position in the hierarchy, e.g., A1 RENAME "FOO" "BAR/FOO").

Improving this is not straightforward, but when/if I do I've noted to also add undo/redo.

Sounds good.

--Randall