On 4 Oct 2019, at 14:01, Jason Davies wrote:

I accidentally have an update on this.

Firstly, OMM switching off 'Recipient headers' in 'Auto-completion Sources' did seem to speed Mailmate up, but it didn't speed *me* up because I discovered how much I rely on it;)

You can get part of the benefit for little cost by tuning the contents of the mailbox being used for auto-completion. For example, instead of using the default "Sent Messages" mailbox, I use a smart mailbox that contains only messages from Sent Messages that are less than a year old. This also improves the quality of auto-completion, so I don't have a dozen minor (display name) variants of the same wrong address as the top hits. With mailing lists increasingly moving to "munged" From headers, this is a growing problem for me.

Switching in back on left me with some delays (but as I said, I think, I've improved my hardware and it's improved the delays). However at some point Mailmate just got locked this afternoon and after an hour I had to not only force-quit it but eventually force shut-down the whole mac, which wouldn't restart.

That sounds like a problem much larger than MM, e.g. corrupted filesystem or flaky disk.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire