>> But Brandon works for Google. The subject of this thread is "Delivery to
>> Gmail". It isn’t about his customers, and it isn’t about emails to end users
>> at all. It’s about how Google respond with an SMTP reject, in the SMTP
>> conversation, to a particular temporary DNS error. Some of us would prefer
>> that they used a defer instead.

Some of us are cool with "their server, their rules" in this context,
though. It's not really that big of a deal. Email happens.

I understand and agree with the argument that 5xx'ing a DNS error
results in higher visibility for that failure, and I think that's a
positive thing.

--
Al Iverson - Minneapolis - (312) 275-0130
Simple DNS Tools since 2008: xnnd.com