> On 14 Dec 2015, at 08:06, David Hofstee <da...@mailplus.nl> wrote:
>
> I am not confusing them. That would be weird.
>
> I am saying, to Brandon FWIW, that their users may be a little bit like our
> customers (ie often not technical).

But Brandon works for Google. The subject of this thread is "Delivery to
Gmail". It isn’t about his customers, and it isn’t about emails to end users at
all. It’s about how Google respond with an SMTP reject, in the SMTP
conversation, to a particular temporary DNS error. Some of us would prefer that
they used a defer instead.

> Bounces could be reduced to three simple messages:
> -          Ingore this
> -          The mail didn’t arrive
> -          The email address doesn’t work (any more)
>

> David

Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex
+44 (0) 1273 87-3148