I beg to differ. Spamhaus offers the PBL in rsync format for big enough
sites and i'm sure that if the cost is somehow a major factor, you could
have a proper public PBL registry. Do you see any big recipients
(gmail/hotmail/yahoo/netease/etc) 'optimizing' by such a regex? no, you
don't, and their performance requirements are much more stringent than
yours. That could be a good indication you're cutting corners and having
someone else pay the price for it.

Gil