On 15/06/2016 16:57, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> On 15-Jun-2016, at 12:18 PM, Noel Butler <noel.but...@ausics.net> wrote:
>
>> In an ideal world all ISP's would block port 25 outbound except for official
>> mail servers and make users use submission port, that would go along way to
>> curbing the noise, but not eliminate it.
>
> As far as I can see, 163.com [1] only provides webmail and smtp access, not
> dialup or broadband of any sort

I'm not singling out 163.com here, thats why I never said "they should"
but said "all isp's"

Webmail providers that dont allow smtp/pop3/imap are much easily
controlled, which would be why, as I mentioned earlier, that I see more
gmail spam than from anything from 163.

I do see a lot of chinanet end users trying to talk here that get
refused, just as I see many OVH offenders, and these are very likely
pretty much all compromised machines, not a person deliberately sitting
there committing miscreant actions, if port 25 was blocked, good chance
most of those would vanish, and only the legit mail or deliberate spam,
would be seen trying.

--

                If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list,
you

Links:
------
[1] http://163.com