I used to run a whitelist, and it was predicated upon FBL reports as one metric
for list purity.

I saw, and continue to see to this day, error in reporting from *all* such
sources (they are myriad, probably numbering in a couple of dozen these days),
they are no more endemic to AOL than any other provider.

I’ve seen credit card statements, password resets, and conversations between
lovers all reported (the latter, much to my personal embarrassment. It was
quite explicit, although admittedly I did pick up a few good tips).

Users, like all humans, make errors. Are sys admins the sole tranche immune to
such things? Somehow, I doubt it.