In article <34c9f2de-c6bf-69af-6570-f17b3f283...@latter.org> you write:
>We have been in the Hetzner "neighbourhood" for years.  This is our
>fourth server (and hence IP address) there and the first time we have
>had this issue. [1]

Honestly, you're lucky.  Hetzner gushes spam, and I've had most of their
IP ranges totally blocked for years.  I report a lot of it (semi-automatic
tools) which has never made any difference I could see.

>But it shouldn't matter.  We are not spammers.  It is stupid to block
>a range of IP addresses on the behaviour of one.

But it makes a lot of sense to block a range of IP addresses when the
whole range gushes spam.  Whenever I've looked at the logs, the stuff
from Hetzner is like 99% spam.

R's,
John

PS: Unpersuasive argument: "This is inconvenient for me, therefore you should
not do it."