Hi Grant

> Why are messages, presumably from a human, outbound from RT/4 setting
> the Precedence: header to bulk?

I suppose to silence auto-responders to prevent them to play email
ping-pong. I know the good old 'vacation' tool does not reply on
presence of the bulk header. And also RT/4 itself does not send the
'ticket created' confirmation email if a bulk header is present.

> I can see Auto-Submitted: Auto-Generated: , but not Precedence: bulk.
>
> Do your outgoing messages have a references header?  Does it reference
> the incoming message's Message-ID?

Yes, it references the Ticket ID:

(and other previous emails in the case)

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden