On 21/08/2019 09:16, Michael Hallager via mailop wrote:
A well known Australian electronics retailer has recently started spamming me. It's plainly obvious where they - or someone who provided it to them - got the email address from the WHOIS because that is the only place that address is published.

Unfortunately, I have also noticed this sender is certified by Return Path, and getting 3 points off our anti-spam because of this. I have contacted Return Path and their response would suggest they basically don't care.

Has anyone else had this experience with Return Path?

Return Path was bought out recently by https://www.validity.com/, with much of the staff being fired and many offices closed.

If you find that Return Path certification doesn't correlate with senders being a source of wanted email you should probably configure your spam filtering rules to match.

Cheers,
  Steve