On Thu 03/Oct/2019 09:46:35 +0200 Neil Youngman via mailop wrote:

> By the 16th of February it was clear that the unsubscribe was not
> working, so I emailed their customer service team. They responded on
> the 17th telling me that they would look int the problem and they had
> removed me from their mailing list.
>
> By the middle of March there was no change, so I emailed them again on
> 15th March. This time they did not bother to reply.
>
> On 23rd March, I looked into their data protection details. The
> contact was the same customer care email that was failing to resolve
> the issue.
>
> Looking at the email headers, I saw that they, or their ESP, were

Out of curiosity, would you quote the relevant header fields?  And how do you
check that what they claim is true?

Anyway, who is their ESP?

ESPs have strict policies, to avoid being considered spammers.  When I had
difficulty unsubscribing, writing a sharp message to the ESP provoked an
immediate reaction.

> members of CSA, so I submitted a complaint to the CSA. The initial
> response appeared to focus on email content and address collection,
> rather than the actual issue of unsubscription.
>
> Eventually I was asked for permission to pass the email to the ESP as
> part of the investigation. Although I wasn't confident that any
> positive action would be taken, I expected that the emails would
> finally stop and that I would get some response from CSA.
>
> It is now October. The emails are still coming and there has been no
> further communication from CSA.

CSA apparently profit from subscriptions.  Indeed, in their site[*] there is an
invitation to "request a non-binding offer".  That model looks like conflict of
interest to me.

Compare that model with companies who whitelist for free and profit from data
download by receivers to check whitelisting.

Best
Ale
--

[*] https://certified-senders.org/certification-process/