Agreed with Laura and Michael, mixed mail streams to large numbers of users
mean that treating the same message to different recipients the same way is
just wrong.
In fact, we even have a setting for GSuite where we let customers turn
their spam blocking up, since businesses and consumers have different
tolerances and different expectations (almost no one wants a Target sales
letter at work, an example that kept coming up before we introduced that).

Also, you need to know how good your filtering is, which means you need to
let some messages in that you think are spam so that users can act on it to
tell you one way or the other... and it can't just be a percentage, it has
to scale with the spam campaign, otherwise the spammers will just sent you
1000x the spam just trying to get enough through your 0.1% ... (it's odd
how much effort spammers make just to get into the spam folder some times,
it's all a numbers game at that level).

Also, how do you handle messages you've already delivered that you figure
out after the fact are spam?  If user's haven't looked at their mail yet,
you can move it to the spam folder before they do.

I used to think, when I ran my own server, that five or so spam messages a
day, what's the big deal... until I just got tired of it.  It was often
more than the actual useful messages in my mailbox every time I checked.
Now, I look at the spam label either when I'm expecting something and
haven't seen it, or every other week or so.

And you are correct, the better our spam filtering is, the less people look
at the spam folder, and the worse false positives are... and the less
signal we have about how our spam filter is doing.  Not only does driving
down false positives get more expensive, but it might ruin your pipeline,
making it much harder to know when your filter has gone wrong.

Brandon