Hi,

Just to clarify, Mailchimp does remove addresses from specific lists when
we receive a hard bounce. Atro is correct; we do not suppress hard bounced
addresses globally across all of our users for a number of reasons. Each
user's list is self contained in that respect.

In the past, allowing each user to bounce an address independently has
caused some receivers to believe that we are not responding to hard bounces
at all. That's not true, but I definitely understand where the perception
is coming from.

Of course, there is always a remote possibility that some misconfiguration
on our side is causing us to reclassify your specific bounce message. You
can compare our *X-MC-User* header to verify that we are not suppressing
the address at the user level. If you think this might be the case, feel
free to reach out to me off-list, and we'll troubleshoot the issue.

Then again, if you are looking for global suppression, you can reach out to
our abuse team to see if that can be arranged.

Cool,
Matthew
delivery.mailchimp.com