> I recommend you try working with them vs calling them out as being
> bad actors - These teams (especially the Mailchimp team) works very
> hard, harder than most hosting companies i would imagine, to stop
> abusive behaviour from their networks sending billions of emails
> around the world. From stopping fraudulent sign-ups to, stopping the
> use of purchased lists, to shutting down accounts that get
> complaints - mind you much faster than many other companies that
> might be part of the same abusive message on the content hosting or
> domain hosting side of the house.

Don't get me wrong, Matt.

I do keep reporting the obviously bad stuff such as B2B spammers openly
using purchased lists to many ESPs. The one you mentioned is my personal
favourite too. I'm quite sure if you ask the average ESP abuse desk
person about their opinion on me they are damn sure going to have one.
Not saying what it's going to be like, but indifferent or "who's that?"
it won't be.

I am only saying that if bounce processing worked anywhere near as well
as anybody would have the audience believe, we would not have a business.
Spamtraps would not get any mail, or too little to matter. The business
case would quite simply not exist.

I'm not calling ESPs bad actors. I am thanking them for continuing to
give me something to work with. I believe I did already in my first
message in this thread. I am genuinely thankful for being able to sell
the information that they should not even be generating back to them.

Cheers,
--
Atro Tossavainen, Founder, Partner
Koli-Lõks OÜ (reg. no. 12815457, VAT ID EE101811635)