Luke, thanks for the reply,

> I appreciate the added perspective here. It sounded like you were
> suggesting that ESPs do not suppress invalid email addresses.

The evidence suggests this is the case.

> But it sounds like you are aware that ESPs do suppress invalid email
> addresses, but you believe they should suppress them across their
> entire user base.

It sounds like I am aware that they claim they are doing so, but that
the evidence in spamtraps contradicts the claim.

Furthermore, I explicitly indicated that it was the consensus that the
GDPR makes it effectively impossible for them to do what you believe I
said, which I did not. It has been discussed in so many M3AAWG meetings
and between meetings, and Simon McGarr's talk "So you want to be a data
controller" was more or less on this subject.

I don't know how you have managed to read exactly the opposite of my
intentions into my words, I can only conclude that it must have to do
with my awkward non-native use of the language because all other
explanations seem so futile. Here is what I said, for a recap.

("Just a few messages ago" being

https://chilli.nosignal.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/mailop/2020-June/016675.html
)

--
Atro Tossavainen, Founder, Partner
Koli-Lõks OÜ (reg. no. 12815457, VAT ID EE101811635)