On 27/08/2020 10:30, G. Miliotis via mailop wrote:
Not everyone is a business with already-public information. I run my own server and host some domains on that. What assurances do I have that my personal information is protected by T-Mobile / DT after I send it to them? Why should I be forced to make this information public on a website? What's the point if I can just take it down the next day?

They know your email address. :)

It's a cultural and legal German thing.  It is quite common when doing business to want to know exactly who or what kind of company you are dealing with.  And everybody has an imprint or impressum section on their website

They also have multiple company registries and different types of company.   And they like compliance.

The same kind of regulations exist in the UK, but everybody forgets about them.    You often see business names on websites that don't match their legal entity; confusions between sole trader (just a person) and a registered company (limited, unlimited or one of the other types).

uk regs:  https://www.bromley.gov.uk/leaflet/204102/4/675/d

"Companies must disclose the following particulars on their business letters, order forms and websites"

Why t-mobile want to white list, I don't know.  But you can be sure they don't get random spam from random compromised home broadband or cloud servers.

--
Tim Bray
Huddersfield, GB