On 27 Aug 2020, at 16:53, Tim Bray via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
> Why t-mobile want to white list, I don't know.  But you can be sure they
> don't get random spam from random compromised home broadband or cloud servers.

...until someone registers an IP with them, then $time passes and they
terminate service or relocate to another provider and that IP address gets
recycled onto a different, less technically able customer who's just been given
a free pass into Deutche Telekom's mail system.

Or, nothiswouldneverhappenwouldit, a spammer/scammer sets up a perfectly
legitimate company with a registered office and everything, gets allowed in,
and then changes modus operandi. Rinse, repeat.

As many parties have said, the approach taken here simply doesn't scale in so
many ways.

Graeme