In article <cadduhohmuu+skh3tenxb52cosxdhnexo9cxajkkqrekw3dp...@mail.gmail.com>
you write:
>This has been my observation as well.  You have to have an SPF record...
>but because nobody apparently knows how to configure them accurately and
>there's no desire to educate people ... nobody really cares what the SPF
>record says.  But you've gotta have one!

People do use them as part of a scoring spam filter.  But no sensible person
uses SPF alone to do mail filtering.

>Forwarders are one of the things that don't respond well to SPF.  But
>honestly, it's 2020 ... why are we forwarding mail to external services?
>SRS might be a bandaid for this, but isn't the easiest solution to just
>tell people that forwarding mail to external servers is bad (mmkay).

Uh, no. I have lots of users with role accounts who read their mail at
gmail.  Forwarding is as useful as it ever was, even though it is ever
harder to to do successfully.

The fact that SPF can't handle forwarded mail is a failure of SPF, not
a bug in forwarding.

R's,
John