On 2021-01-16 17:55, Andy Smith via mailop wrote:

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:48:56AM +0100, Tom Sommer via mailop wrote:
I don't disagree with the fact that the "Junk" button is made of evil, which is also why we do not permanently ban or block anything based on it (like
some other e-mail providers do).

Back in November 2020 Simply.com sent us an abuse report like this
for a newsletter sent by one of our customers to one of your
customers.

Based on content and their low abuse report level over their long
time as our customer I could see this was very likely genuine but your
email indicated that on the basis of this single click by your
customer you had "temporarily blocked the IP for 24 hours."

It was never a block, it was an IP reputation decrease. It was written as a block so receivers of the abuse report would take it seriously. A fine line, once again.

We have since changed the wording to be more precise, and the logic behind the reputation decrease has also been tweaked.

--
Tom
Simply.com