We were dealing with UCEPROTECT blocks roughly one year ago where we had several IP's blacklisted in level 1. Based on the info they gave, it wasn't always that easy to pinpoint the cause of the block, since they provided a date and time and wrote "+/- 1 minute". Several times, i checked our logs for that time +/- 5-10 minutes, and that IP had sent 0 mails.
After a while, i started digging deeper into them as a blacklist...

First of all, a lot of posts i found while googling was referring to them as scammers, extortion/blackmail blacklist, and so on.

As mentioned by Hans-Martin, you can pay them to be whitelisted, which means that you will no longer appear in level 2 or 3 according to http://www.whitelisted.org/. So if you have sent so much bad mail you end up in their level 2 or 3, you can just pay them and then you can keep sending all the spam you want without a care in the world.

You can also pay them for monitoring so you're alerted when something happens to the IPs you're managing. Do note that they don't accept Paypal any longer, due to: http://www.uceprotect.net/en/index.php?m=12&s=0
News from 18.02.2019:
> Payment service provider Paypal really believe that they can treat long-standing customers like shit and withhold their money for no reason, but with all kinds of tricky excuses from their Terms and Conditions for some days, weeks, or even months.
> In our opinion, they are clearly asking to boycott them.
> That's the reason why we do no longer accept Paypal, and why we recommend, that every owner of a Paypal account, who does not want to come into the same situation, should remove any money from their Paypal account immediately, and to close the account, after the balance is Zero and all money was removed successfully.

I guess people got tired of UCEPROTECT's blackmail scheme, and Paypal decided to agree and withhold their money?

Also, looking at the bottom of their website, it shows that it is copyrighted by http://www.uceprotect.org/ Looking at that website, aside from the obvious "WARNING: Do not play around here. You have no idea who we really are, and what will happen to you!", following the "For public amusement we have published stupidsters sending cart00neys here"-link gave this nice explanation from them: > People with a brain would simply fix their systems after getting listed for abuse.
> Stupid losers are different.
> They wrongly believe that the Internet was made for spamming and therfore they try to get listings removed by announcing legal action. > Writing such cart00neys one becomes subject of public ridicule and deserves to be banned from the Internet forever.
> We recommend to firewall those lamerz on sight.

So basically, you can pay to get whitelisted and send all the spam you want. Why care about quality when you can get paid.
Getting delisted takes 7 days, or requires you to pay 89 CHF.
Additionally, their website sounds like it's been written by the usual hacker style script-kiddie. In my opinion, it doesn't exactly provide you with a sense of professionalism from their side.

It was honestly very hard to take them serious after all of that, and i'd really wish people would stop using them, since it just seems like some sort of cash-grab.