On 10/5/21 12:05, Jarland Donnell via mailop wrote:
It's not terrible advice. Google is more likely to filter to spam folder from IPv6 addresses. Enough of us have seen it to know we're putting the puzzle pieces together correctly.

Which on the face of it makes no sense. Spammers, especially those using botnets and the like are going to overwhelming use IPv4.

If a typical receiver of email were to disable all spam-filtering on IPv6 completely, I don't think they would see a significant increase in spam.

So, why is Google putting so much effort into IPv6 spam filtering?

It could be that they anticipate IPv6 adoption and want to get things dialed in correctly before the spammers start to pollute the space. If so, it's a good thing.

On my personal mail server it did take some work to ensure that all of the I's were dotted and the T's crossed but once I got it dialed in there hasn't been a problem for me personally sending to Gmail over IPv6. And I'm very low volume, like maybe 50 messages a week.