This is a pretty weird one to dive into, but I'd like to hear if others experience the same. I hate email forwarding, but I'm going to pretend for a moment that I don't.

My customers often complain of Gmail being slow to deliver forwarded email to them, despite Google receiving the email from us rarely more than 5 seconds after we initially receive it. I can confirm it. In one case I actually confirmed it in the headers and documented it: https://mxroute.com/delayed-delivery-to-gmail/

In a more recent attempt just today, I confirmed it yet again but without the gap in time in the headers. I could refresh Gmail on mobile and desktop, no email. Several minutes after Google had accepted it, they delivered it to the inbox. The headers would show timestamps indicating that they had received it exactly when they said they did in my logs:

        Mon, 11 Oct 2021 17:37:58 -0700 (PDT)

Some of my customers are getting a bit belligerent over it, and it seems quite obvious to me to say "There is nothing that I can do about this." That doesn't stop them from demanding it though, it surely must be "my problem." So I'd like to get the opinion of other experts. Do you experience this? Is there some magic detail that influences this that everyone is aware of but me?

<3

Jarland