On 10/12/21 12:15 PM, Matt Corallo via mailop via mailop wrote:
Should a MTA accepting mail from its own users for sending block the sending MUA from sending bogusly-long encodings so that the user gets immediate feedback and it can ensure delivery?

Sadly, I've seen extremely poor handling around exposing SMTP errors to MUAs. As such my preference is for the MSA that receives the message from the MUA to accept and then bounce the message back to the (authenticated) sender with a descriptive message in the DSN.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die