On 10/13/2021 11:14 PM, Erwin Harte via mailop wrote:
> IME the MUAs are generally not the problem here. The (semi)automated
> emails that include (template-based, often) text/html MIME parts that
> include lines of tens of thousands of characters long, and no end in
> sight, are. Depending on your infrastructure and implementation language
> of choice that can be a bit of a challenge to handle correctly.

Which contemporary languages and infrastructures have a problem with long
lines? Old school used small buffers to handle consecutive portions, the method
is not much different to line based handling. Today, buffers tend to be larger
than content.

I agree that those long lines are human unfriendly at various levels. And thus
they are suspect and undesirable. I think they exist because line endings are
of little importance to HTML/javascript browsers/interpreters.

John