On Sun 12/Dec/2021 00:33:12 +0100 Sebastian Nielsen via mailop wrote:

An user scanning such a QR code, would then look at phone screen, and then look
on computer screen.

Note that to validate the message, the app needs access to not only the signed header fields, but also the body, that the value of bh= is based upon.

I do agree that email clients should do DKIM validation, but getting every email client
to do DKIM validation is a pretty tricky part. If the client software and receiving
server can be left out of equation, then this could appear as apps in app-store where you
easily can download a "DKIM-QR validator" like you can download a covidpass
scanner from app store today, and if this gets traction enough, the feature would get
implemented in phone's native cameras like Samsung has.

As a user of a Nokia 2760, I'm astonished and amused by this idea that smartphones apps (IPhone, Android, Pinephone, ...) can implement new standards more easily and faster than PCs (and servers). Are there still so many MUAs with no DKIM add-on? Or is it because people is not free to install them?

Best
Ale