The Android Gmail app does show if a message is DKIM signed, in about the
same way as the web app does... and I assume the iOS version does as well.

On the web, click the down arrow next to the to, it'll show you "more"
headers, including 'signed-by" if it has a valid signature with the domain
of the signature.

On Android, there's an extra click, down arrow for "more" headers than
"view security details" to see the signed-by... not sure why the extra
click.

As for "why doesn't it show it much more prominently"... well,
signature/DKIM isn't a well known concept for 99.99% of users, and being
signed by "someone" isn't really indicative of much.
It's either signed by someone you recognize, or it's really just a signal
for the antispam/antiphishing systems.

Brandon