On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 02:38:31PM +0000, Laura Atkins via mailop wrote:
> Very strange indeed. web-net.gr <http://web-net.gr/> is not in any header
> that I could see. Is there something in the links pointing to that?

Because "web-net.gr" should be the Name of the Google organization,
which might be different then the domain used.

> The return path for that message is elmetal.gr <http://elmetal.gr/> and
> include:_spf.google.com <http://spf.google.com/> is in that SPF record and
> that IP is in there. Looks like Gmail is just confused. Is it one message or
> many?

Why do you add random links in your text?

Also, why should the GMail authentication (MSA) SMTP service use the
same IP ranges as the direct-to-MX (MTA) SMTP service?  _spf.google.com
would be correct, if the OP would not have configured GMail to send
mail via some other MSA.

Bastian

--
No one can guarantee the actions of another.
                -- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown