Did this used to work, do you have an older example of when it did work?

Folks here are correct that we're parsing the Received headers looking for
an IP to use to do SPF authentication here.  We really want to know the
auth status in order to do better spam detection.

Another "solution" would be to DKIM sign the message, but I imagine the
local delivery probably avoids that as well.

In any case, if there was an actual change in behavior on our part, having
the old/new to look at would help for filing a bug.

Brandon