On 2022-04-14 at 12:28:09 UTC-0400 (Thu, 14 Apr 2022 09:28:09 -0700)
Marcel Becker via mailop <marcel.bec...@yahooinc.com>
is rumored to have said:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 9:22 AM Bill Cole via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
> wrote:
>
> Yahoo accepting mail that never arrives anywhere is not.
>>

> That's not really a thing. But please elaborate.

It may have stopped in the past year(?), for all I know. Since 2019, I've had a
handful of customers reporting mail  to Yahoo users going missing silently,
randomly(?), and intermittently. That's on the order of 0.01% of what our
outbound MTA sends to Yahoo. It is not reproducible. I give them the relevant
logging showing the 250 at EoD and advise them to have their correspondents
deal with Yahoo, as only Yahoo can find the problem and it would be an act of
malpractice for me to insert myself in an intermediary support role. Presumably
the Yahoo users involved have worked out the issues via Yahoo support or just
let it drop, as it always is just one message at a time.

It is entirely conceivable at this tiny scale that the real root cause of these
incidents is something in the Yahoo webmail UI or user-defined filtering or
errant clicks: i.e. PEBKAC.  It's somewhere between a Yahoo MX and a Yahoo
user's perception. That's out-of-scope for me. As I was saying in my original
message, it is a problem I can't even start to analyze, much less solve.

> You can also share
> examples off-list if you want.

Not my place. I'm not a Yahoo customer or a full-path deliverability concierge
for my end users' personal email. Beyond that, the only 'examples' I could ever
have would consist solely of a few log lines with the last showing a Yahoo
machine saying '250 ok dirdel' to my outbound MTA.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire