On 5/8/22 9:18 AM, Mary via mailop wrote:
Linode refused to remove them from their servers because they think they are doing "research"...

Aside:  What is research?  A la. why is fire hot?

Interestingly, while doing some "research" of my own, I probed them back and found out that they host their severs across a wide range of hosting companies, like AWS, DigitalOcean, Linode and Hetzner, across different geographical regions.

I have no idea if it is the case or not, but I can see some use in conducting research from multiple VPS providers /especially/ if the intent of the research is to identify different behaviors based on the source VPS.

However, as others have stated, this type of research should be quite easy to identify and understand. As in a landing page on the same domain that has sufficient details within one click or full details within a few clicks.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die