On 2022-06-20 at 07:35:19 UTC-0400 (Mon, 20 Jun 2022 12:35:19 +0100)
Laura Atkins via mailop <la...@wordtothewise.com>
is rumored to have said:

Most modern mailing lists rewrite the 5321.from by default so they can bounce handle. I don’t think SPF breaks mailing lists as much as folks claim.

That claim does apply to the simplest sort of mailing list, implemented simply as an alias that 'explodes' into multiple recipients.

That form of mailing list was already dying out 20 years ago when SPF was being specified. I expect that it is only used today for lists that are limited to one domain or administrative realm, where SPF would not be in use.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire