Heho,
The gmail feature 'dynamic email' [1] just flew by me, and I was somewhat
wondering whether this is google proprietary, or if there is some
standardization going on (already completed?) which I missed.
From the product page it currently looks more like an integration in the google
ecosystem;

Either way, I believe that this might be something to have a discussion on. If
it is backed by open standards, there are some interesting discussions to be
had re: impact of such a feature in terms of security/privacy.

If this is a google-ecosystem only feature, I'd kind of like to put on my
doom-sayer hat and claim that this smells a bit like the death of XMPP; While
technically still email (and currently integrated with the rest of the world),
google is in a rather dominant market position (~15% of domains, iirc), and
such individual-actor product decissions may actually send quiet some ripples
through the email ecosystem as a whole (Why didn't you RSVP? I send you an RSVP
request from my gmail?!). (Not saying that email's UX can be a tad dusty... but
changes like this might really benefit from a really concious engagement with
the potential implications.)

 So, apart from my rather centralization-critical gut reaction... what do you
think about features like this being added by individual ESPs and its impact on
how email will develop?

With best regards,
Tobias

[1] https://support.google.com/a/answer/9709409?hl=en