Dnia  8.01.2023 o godz. 22:29:01 John Levine via mailop pisze:
> >- The sender can be spoofed. And you don't even have source ips to
> >check its source.
>
> No, SMS is not like VoIP. People in the phone biz tell me it is
> extremely hard to fake the source number in SMS. Look at any of the
> SMS gateway APIs and they all make you jump through hoops verifying
> the source number before they let you send anything.

Myself I don't know any of these services, but the cybersecurity guys told
me multiple times that there are a lot of "shady" SMS gateways on the
Internet that let you easily spoof the senders number, or even put any text
(like "Google") instead of the senders number. They even demonstrated this
to me a few times.
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa