On 2023-05-06 at 12:44:26 UTC-0400 (Sat, 6 May 2023 18:44:26 +0200)
Christian Seitz via mailop <ch...@in-berlin.de>
is rumored to have said:

Hello,

we are a small not-for-profit ISP in Germany and having some issues with Yahoo since April. All emails from subdomains are no longer being accepted by the Yahoo email servers.
[...]
I already tried to contact Yahoo before sending this email to the list and they acknowledged the issue "You are correct, we are indeed looking for an SOA for each individual subdomain if you're going to use it in the SMTP (RFC5321) MAIL FROM." and promised to forward the email headers to an engineer, but that was more than a week ago and we are having some users who complained about the issue.

That's very odd, because I send a fair bit of mail with addresses in domain names that have no SOA and I have had no such problems. I have just now confirmed with a fresh address in billmail.scconsult.com that Yahoo accepts and delivers (some) mail from domains that are not at a zone cut.

This is despite what their postmaster page says and their support confirmed to you. Maybe someone with a clue has reversed the extremely bad policy?

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire