>> Outbound MSA re-sends the
>> Inbound spam filter re-sends the message
>> Outbound compliance filter re-sends the message out to the world

Those I consider internal processing of email, which don't really count as
"forwarding" of a email.

I consider a email forwarded, when its being received by a server's MX, and
then resent to a "foreign" MX using another recipient address than the one the
email originally was sent to.
Then the envelope sender address should ALWAYS be changed, and in some cases,
also MIME FROM.
In more extreme cases, I think the original email should be encapsulated in a
new RFC822 block, which bears these header changes: