This is ONLY the tip of the iceberg.. as long as businesses find they can get away with things, they will keep pushing the boundaries..

Whether it is Digital Ocean turning a blind eye, or even facilitating criminal activity, encouraging other hosters to do the same, or putting up with all the spam/phishing coming out of the 'too big to block' like gmail and outlook (Anyone else's spam folder almost all those two companies now? And what about the incredible volume of traffic coming from Google Groups? If nothing gets done about this, we will see more companies going with the philosophy of 'if they are not our customer, who cares'.

But the CloudFlare threat is even greater than we imagine.. Imagine if ALL traffic goes through them...

Total Anonymity.

How will you do IP reputation at all? How will you report crime? Abuse? One company to rule them all?

Probably why CloudFlare has run 'spam filtering' up the flag pole, imagine if all email went through CloudFlare? Aside from privacy concerns of course, but it almost means that everyone will get only email from too big to block companies, and loose the ability to differentiate..

We only have to look at the number of spammers who are moving to Gmail services.. I guess if they don't spam Gmail customers, they get off scot free..

Oh, it's a rant day I see.. I better get away from the computer..

On 2023-11-17 04:44, Laura Atkins via mailop wrote:
On 16 Nov 2023, at 19:57, Jay Hennigan via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

On 11/16/23 02:54, Laura Atkins via mailop wrote:
The New York Times
Laura

Can you be more specific? Link to an article?

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=cloudflare+doxx <https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=cloudflare+doxx>

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=cloudflare+new+york+times <https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=cloudflare+new+york+times>

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=cloudflare+csam+new+york+times <https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=cloudflare+csam+new+york+times>

And, well, if those reports are too old for you:

https://www.streamingmediablog.com/2021/11/piracy-traffic-on-cloudflare.html
<https://www.streamingmediablog.com/2021/11/piracy-traffic-on-cloudflare.html>

https://corsearch.com/about/press-releases/cloudflare-provides-services-to-a-high-proportion-of-websites-dedicated-to-piracy-and-counterfeiting/

<https://corsearch.com/about/press-releases/cloudflare-provides-services-to-a-high-proportion-of-websites-dedicated-to-piracy-and-counterfeiting/>

Cloudflare is not on the side of good here and never have been.

laura

--
The Delivery Expert

Laura Atkins