> On Jul 8, 2024, at 11:46 AM, Michael Rathbun via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
> wrote:
>
> (One of life's lovely moments came when I discovered that one of my
> deliverability support clients at my new employer was Nielsen, who had
> acquired Harris Polls a while back (the spammers who sued MAPS).

A thing to remember is that after Harris filed the lawsuit they had a change of
management, and Harris approached us and actually asked for help in reforming
their mailing practices (and then did so), and so they dropped the lawsuit.
For a while they were the poster child for doing it right as a result of that.
So, in fact, they were the only lawsuit that didn't go to trial.

Anne

--
Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.
Email Law & Policy Attorney
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal email marketing law)
Author: The Email Deliverability Handbook
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Dean Emeritus, Cyberlaw & Cybersecurity, Lincoln Law School
Prof. Emeritus, Lincoln Law School
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Counsel Emeritus, eMail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS)