On 2024/07/17 00:09, postfix--- via mailop wrote:
> P.S.: reply to list only is enough.  I don't need
> double-copy.  only write directly to me if you prefer to
> reply privately.

Standard etiquette on many technical mailing lists is specifically to CC
the sender, as a courtesy to the person being CC'd. (Copies are likely
to arrive more quickly, and the way some people filter mail into folders,
that way they'll see replies to their own mail - which they're usually
more interested in than other list mail - in their inbox rather than
just in the list folder).

If you want to indicate your preference to not get CC'd, you can set
the Mail-Followup-To header to just the list address, many mail clients
have a way to do this automaticallly for messages to mailing lists
(e.g. "mail.identity.default.subscribed_mailing_lists" in Thunderbird,
"subscribe" and "followup_to" in Mutt). The group-reply in most clients
uses this. Or just write a note in a signature for list messages.
You can't expect everyone to keep track of who doesn't want CCs.

(Note that the mailop list sets "reply-to" to the sender's own address,
so when replying on-list, so it's normal to use group-reply here,
otherwise you need to adjust the To address by hand).