Forgive me for posting a not-necessarily-related-to-Vergil query but I
wanted to avoid subscribing to a new list just to post one message. Please
respond individually so the list is not inundated with something they may
not be interested in.

I am looking for quotes from Romans testifying to the difficulty of Latin.
I know Quintillian complains about the lack of grammatical correctness in
the Latin he hears around him but I am wondering if any other 'complaints'
are extant regarding literature and/or the written word.

Thanks for your help.
Ed DeHoratius