Homer's heros are all about killing? This is surely a knee-jerk
interpretation.  Do pride, sorrow, regret, craft, physical strength,
love of family, and desire for glory all amount to 'killing' in your
opinion? What, also, could be more human than these (is there not a
little Achilles in all of us?). It is a combination of many attributes
which detirmines who the "best of the Acheans" is. Conversely, I'm not
going to say that Aeneas is 'all about killing,' but he does do his
share of it. Heroism is a many faceted issue, indeed. Perhaps it cannot
be categorized with one word.