This transmission contains information which may be confidential and
which may also be privileged.  It is intended for the named addressee
only.  Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to receive it
on behalf of the addressee you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else.  If you have received this transmission in error please
contact the sender.  Thank you for your cooperation.
Hi all

My question refers to how MapInfo accesses and queries files. I am setting up an
application in a multi-user environment and my clients need information on potential
network traffic.

Assuming Mapinfo tables are stored on a network drive and a user accesses them using
Mapinfo on a local machine:

 - When a table is opened (using MB command Open Table), but not browsed,  is the
whole file moved across the network to local machine or just the TAB file or
something else?
 - When a table is opened in a Map Browser is the whole table accessed or just the
object information?
 - If the user runs a query on an open table does the whole table need to be in the
local machines memory?

I hope someone can make some sense of this!  Our base data tables range from 25 to
75mb in size, which is where the concern over network traffic arises.

Thanks in advance

Darren

Darren Kisner  [ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
AEA Technology Rail