Hi,

I'm looking for a way to calculate the area of certain
colours within a raster file - say, for example, areas
of colour-coded districts from a scanned city map.
Then, from this, if possible, I'd like to split the
areas up further using Mapinfo polygons.

There's two ways I can see of getting the area : one
would be to count the number of pixels of a particular
colour, and from the resolution, work out the area
that is that colour. The other would be to convert
every colour to a polygon using some sort of
edge-detection toolbox, and then work on the polygon
as normal. Does anyone know of any Mapinfo toolboxes
available or any other means to do either of these
tasks?

Damian

(PS. Could any replies be cc:ed to me as I sometimes
miss the list feed).