To do that, you will have to add a field called "ID", update it to contain
rowid (i.e. 1, 2, 3,....) and then include a where clause in your SQL:

where rowid<=20
or
where rowid>=20 and rowid<=100

If you want to see only the top 20 records in the output (i.e. after the
group by), then the answer is no. MapInfo SQL doesn't handle that in a
single step. With 2 steps you can do something similar to what I have
written above.

Kind regards

Uffe Kousgaard
www.routeware.dk