List,

I have 2 point tables, stores and customers.  I would like to find all the
customers that are the closest distance to a particular store so I can
assign information from the store to those customers.  I created a voronoi
polygon from the store points, then did a select statement where customer
points are within store voronoi polygon.

My problem is that I noticed in certain cases that some customer points
fell into a store voronoi polygon, but was actually closer to another
store.  I measured the distance in MI Pro Ver 7.8 and it was not a big
difference (8.19 instead of 7.78 miles), but wondered why the inaccuracy?

Thanks,
Bob