Rich,

I have to disagree here. Many of the improvemnets that has been made during the
last versions of MapInfo Pro have been made because users have asked for them.

The best way to make MapInfo aware of you wish is to send the wish to your
MapInfo contact person. This may be a MapInfo Partner or a person at MapInfo
Corp.

For MapInfo Pro wishes I would recommend either Moshe Binyamin for the US
region and Tom Probert in the EMEA region.

Just to mention a few improvement that could have been a result of
questionlately on the list:
- Move a layer from one map to another
- Combine two maps into one
- Improved printing engine. The 28000 pixel limit is gone
- Larger number of points in buffer (from 100 to 500)
- Preference for area and distance units
- Copy text from message and statistic window
- GeoPrinter included on installation cd
- Server Refresh button works on Live tables as well as Linked

These might look as huge improvements, but for the daily user, they are very
helpfull.

So, remember to let MapInfo know what you need.

Tracking is a different story. I can see why they don't want to publish their
problems and list of new ideas to the public.

And of course do MapInfo like to have your money. Otherwise they wouldn't exist
anymore.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
GIS Developer, MTM
Geographical Information & IT