Rich,

I agree with you on this point. MapInfo hasn't been very good at giving
feedback to the person entering the problem. I think this is simply because
they didn't track that information. They didn't know who send in the bug or
feature request.

But I also think this is changing. They have implemented a new system for - at
least feature requests - where the request is connected to a name and a email
address. This should give them the possibility to contact the person who send
in the request and even ask for more detail.

I must admit that I still need to see that part work ;-) But they seem to be
heading in the right direction.

When you get a bug reported, you should get a bug number. This can be used to
track the bug, not interactively on a web site, but fore instance via email.

But you are right. It is a serious problem for MapInfo, if their costumers
don't feel that they are heard. Especially as MapInfo keep saying that they
want to listen to the costumers.

Peter Horsbøll Møller
GIS Developer, MTM
Geographical Information & IT