Bill,

There are probably many solutions available depending on the various technical components that you might have in the solution. One possible solution might be something along these lines:

1) stream data to some service that you probably have to build
2) have said service load the points into a postgres/postgis database
3) create a mapfile with a LAYER to disply the data from postgis
4) Use a client like OpenLayers to render you map from mapserver
5) add a timer event to refresh your map every X secs

-Steve W
 http://imaptools.com/

Bill Wordsworth wrote:
Please let's not hijack my poor thread :)! Anyway, here's my original question: "How can I upload/stream near-real-time GPS data from on-site to webserver/MapServer (MapServer 5.x can read *.gpx)?" I've been referred to http://franson.com/gpsgate/ from the usenet groups. I am looking for something with WPA.
Cheers, Bill