On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 17:17 +0100, Johannes Bausch wrote:

> Based on Lucas design (which I very much like) I made another draft:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Logo2_joey.png
> I played a bit with the logo symbol and used my ligatured LibO text
> (I've talked about that issue in another thread).
> What do you think? The four colors used represent Writer, Calc,
> Impress and Base, respectively.

The cuts and different colors make it harder to see an "LO" in the
symbol.

Writer/Calc/Impress/Base being 4 parts shouldn't be expressed in the
logo. Neither 5 if you add Draw. The parts are not equally large,
complex, important, independent or well known. Long term, I would not
bet on the number of components staying the same.

However, the concept of parts building a whole is a worthwhile theme for
representing both/either the community effort and/or the fact that it's
a suite of applications.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: