Hi :)
I'm sorry but that only seems to confirm what i have been saying :(  Obviously
i am wrong but where is my mistake?

When you say
1.  "In each LibreOffice series, over the various minor releases, hundreds of
bugs are fixed." it suggests, to me, that 'hundreds' of bugs are found at the
beginning of a series.  Would that be around the 3.x.0, 3.x.1, 3.x.2 and
3.x.3?  The "various minor releases" are that 3rd figure?  So as that 3rd
figure increases the number of fixed bugs increases?  So as we get to the .4s,
.5s and onwards there are usually less bugs that cause problems?

2.  "Bugs that have been introduced by making new features."  When do new
features get added?  In my stupidity i have assumed that new features are
mostly added at the beginning of the series, in the 3.x.0 release, maybe some
in the 3.x.1 if they were not quite ready in time or some last minute hiccup
meant they couldn't be active in the .0.  However i could be completely wrong.
Are a roughly equal amount of new features added at each "minor release"?  or
is the .0 chosen as the best time to incorporate a load of new features?

3.  The rest of the paragraph seems to be things that both branches have in
common.  "Bugs that have been introduced by improvements in code, performance.
Bugs that have become visible because other bugs were fixed. Bugs from
external reasons, bugs from ..
- What is a simple annoyance for the
one user, someone knowing ways to work around it in ample seconds, can
be a serious bug for someone with less computer skills.".  Possibly a bit more
at the start of a series and at the start (the .0s, .1s) perhaps also affecting
reasonably skilled users that perhaps aren't LO devs.  But basically that
paragraph-fragment seems to cover all minor-point releases including the
first.

4.  "allows people  ... that can handle bugs (...)
more easily, to use the newer versions and benefit from the
improvements and new features that it offers."  Are these newer versions the
start of the series?  (the .0s, .1s, .2s?)  Or is that referring to every
minor-point release?

5.  "so that at a certain time it will be ready for more conservative, more
careful, users and organisations.".  Does this mean that more conservative
users should not use LO at all until the series has settled down or do they
just have to suffer through the problems of the early minor-point releases in
the series or might they be better staying with the older branch's more recent
minor-point releases such as the .4s, .5s, .6s?

See?  I think this point 5 is where i am going wrong.  I have been thinking
that it's better for "conservative, more careful, users" to stick with the
older branches latest releases.  Obviously (to you and Charles) i am wrong and
there is no need for the older branch.  Or is there?

Just to make it clear to anyone new that i DO NOT often find any problems with
LO.  It knocks the socks off MS Office.  There does tend to be quite a spike
around the release of the new series until it reaches around 3.x.4.  However, i
overhear more grumbles about MS Office from MS-fanboys in my little town than i
hear from LO's international, global, world-spanning users support list in the
course of an average day.

Also bear in mind that "you can't make omelettes without breaking eggs".  LO
makes huge improvements all the time and in many ways already surpasses MS
Office in terms of quality of final documents produced and ease of producing
them.

Regards from
Tom :)