G'day all,

I hear Ambon has been isolated by the Indonesian authorities.  No transport
or public communications in or out.  Just a bunch of well-armed troops,
some very poorly armed Christian seccessionists, and lots of people whose
views on the matter just aren't going to matter.  The drawn-out
angst-ridden denouement of the great Indonesian saga is at hand, I reckon.
And we're gonna hear very little about it while East Timor is kept bubbling
along.  Which takes but a couple of killings here, a bit of burning there

Neat.

Cheers,
Rob.